Sunday, January 4, 2009

Product Review : St Ives Apricot Scrub (Invigorating)

The St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub has been around for years. The product promises to reveal vibrant, visibly healthy skin and also making your skin look softer and smoother. I got it for less than RM20, alternatively you can also wait for special promos to get it at a cheaper price.


Technique :
1. I usually wash with a cleanser before using a scrub. Probably it's cos I have the paranoia that I'll scrub all the dirt into my skin if I did not clean it beforehand. :)
2. Once the face is cleansed, squeeze out about an inch of the scrub into the palm of the hand.
3. Apply all over the face and scrub using the palm for a more even effect. Do not scrub too hard or you'll end up doing more harm than good.
4. Leave on face for about 1 minute and then rinse thoroughly.

The result :
The face does feel a lot smoother, probably because of the graininess of the scrub - it has a very sandy feel to it when you first use it. Overall, it does feel like you're just scrubbing your face with sand from the beach. Therefore I don't recommend using the scrub daily as it will be pretty harsh on your skin. However, it's pretty refreshing and no negative reactions from using the scrub. I can definitely use this scrub in conjunction with my face mask from Simple.

No comments: