Sunday, January 18, 2009

Product Review : New Anglia Shandy Apple Flavour

So I've been a long time fan of shandy, especially Anglia Shandy. I even have a stack of playing cards embossed with the Anglia Shandy logo that I remember playing with during my childhood days. :)

So it was with great anticipation when I read in the Star newspaper article about a new Anglia Shandy flavour being launched in Malaysia. Called the Anglia Apple, it promised a fresh tangy taste to the lemonade beer.
A brand new twist on the old Shandy

We bought a couple of cans to try it out. And boy! I would definitely not recommend this drink to anyone. The taste of the shandy was totally overwhelmed by the fake apple-ish flavour. It came in with a bang.... but it sure does fizzle out.

Moral of the story : Stay loyal to the original Anglia Shandy - I'm buying a whole crate of them for Chinese New Year!

No comments: