Thursday, November 27, 2008

Product Review : O.P.I. Nail Lacquer "Little Red Wagon"

Got this as a souvenir recently :

O.P.I Little Red Wagon Nail Lacquer

It came as part of a set of 4 small bottles called the OPI Tiny Toybox. Since O.P.I has always been on the pricey side of the nail varnish market, I have not had a chance to really try it out. That is... until now... muahahhahahah!

Steps :
To do a proper "professional" manicure job, you need to do it right.
1. Lay the base coat on your nails, let it dry.
2. Paint the colour coat on... in my case, it was the RED RED RED Little Red Wagon.
3. Once dry, paint a second coat to ensure a more vibrant colour (like my red wasn't red enough?) and let it dry. This time it takes a whole lot longer to dry seeing that there's already 3 coats of paint on the nail.
4. Finish up with a top coat to protect colour and bring a shine to the whole package. It's usually recommended that you put a second top coat the next day to really lock it in. But I cheat by just doing the top coat the next day, else it will take forever for 4 coats to dry!

It's been 3 days since I applied the nail lacquer, and it's holding up well.

Pros :
- Amazing colour
- Easy to apply
- Long lasting

Cons :
- Too expensive, a normal sized bottle costs around RM40.

Conclusion : It's pricey but worth the investment especially if it's for a special occassion. Else, just make sure that your local manicure/pedicure shop offers O.P.I as a selection and get your nails done there!

No comments: